Petrochemical Industry Toxic Gas Monitoring
The energy provided by the petrochemical industry is mainly used as fuel for automobiles, tractors, airplanes, ships and boilers. At the same time, refinery enterprises provide various chemical raw materials for the chemical industry, and flammable gas also enters thousands of households. The petrochemical industry has entered every industry. The industry mainly includes exploration, mining, smelting and chemical processing, storage, transportation and other parts.
In order to ensure the safety of production, processing, transportation and use, it is necessary to detect and monitor the gas pressure, flammable gas leakage, explosion proof, and various toxic leakage in each processing.
Application occasions of toxic gas monitoring:
According to relevant industry and national standards, gas detection applications in the petrochemical industry are mainly concentrated in the following areas:
1. Flammable gas detection alarms should be installed in the following places:
- Oil pump room, metering room, oily sewage pump room, valve group room, and dehydrator operation room of the crude oil transfer station;
- Compressor room, metering room, valve group room, receiving and dispatching ball room for natural gas transmission;
- Compressor room, metering room, valve group room, receiving and dispatching ball room, storage tank area, loading and unloading facilities of light hydrocarbon system;
- Pump room, metering room, valve group room, storage tank area, loading and unloading facilities for condensate oil and gasoline;
- LPG pump room, bottling (filling) room, metering room, gas cylinder warehouse and storage tank area;
- Crude oil settling tank operation room, crude oil storage tank area;
- Oily sewage tank farm.
2. "Petroleum Industry Fire Safety Regulations" SY/T5858-2004 also clearly stipulates:
- All storage tanks, containers and other equipment that need fire should analyze the internal and surrounding environment gas. The gas analysis should include the detection of flammable gas concentration, toxic and harmful gas detection, oxygen and nitrogen concentration detection and analysis.
- During fire construction, the concentration of flammable gas in the fire spot and the air in the operating area should be lower than 25% of its lower explosion limit. If adopt coercive ventilation measures, the wind direction should be consistent with the natural wind direction.
- During the whole process of fire construction, the fire guard should track and detect the concentration of flammable gas.
- Gas testing and re-examination of fire should be carried out when entering equipment, facilities and oil tanks, People can enter only after passing the test.
At present, the method of gas detection and analysis is widely used to control toxic gases in the oil production process. Among them, the most used gas sensors are CO sensor, H2S sensor, SO2 sensor and other gas sensor, which are widely used in the form of independent portable detectors, gas detection systems, and smoke analysis systems in the process of petrochemical production. An average of about 20 pieces gas sensors are required for every 10,000 tons of refined oil production. Based on the current annual output of 220 million tons of refined oil, the annual demand for gas sensors is about 500,000 pieces.
Toxic gases such as CO, SO2, H2S, ammonia, ethylene oxide, propylene, vinyl chloride, acetylene, and organic vapors such as benzene, aldehydes, and ketones need to be detected throughout the production, processing, transportation, and use processes, requiring a large amount of gas. A large number of gas sensors are required for safety protection to prevent poisoning and explosion accidents.
Mainly methods for gas detection in the petrochemical industry:
1. Flammable gas
Flammable gas is mainly detected by catalytic elements, mainly measuring 100% LEL, and also using thermal conductivity components to measure 100% VOL. High-end gas detection products in the petrochemical industry are gradually using infrared gas sensors, which can measure 100% LEL and 100% VOL. At the same time, laser beam technology is also gradually being used in the petrochemical industry.
2. Oxygen and toxic gas
Mainly use electrochemical gas sensors, which can measure various toxic gases and oxygen. Infrared and ultraviolet sensors are also gradually applied in the detection of special toxic gases.
MC112/ MC112C/ MC112D adopts catalytic combustion principle, and its two arms of electric bridge consists of a test element and a compensate element. The resistance of the test element rises once it meets the combustible gases, in the same time, the output voltage of the bridge changes and the voltage variation rises in direct proportion to the gas concentration. The compensate element, as a conference, has the function of compensating temperature and humidity.
MC105 adopts catalytic combustion principle, and its two arms of electric bridge consists of a test element and a compensate element. The resistance of the test element rises once it meets the combustible gases, in the same time, the output voltage of the bridge changes and the voltage variation rises in direct proportion to the gas concentration. The compensate element as a conference, has the function of compensating temperature and humidity.
ZE03 is a general-purpose and high-performance electrochemical module. It uses three electrodes, electrochemical gas sensor and high-performance micro-processor. By installing different gas sensor, the module could detect relevant gas. It is with built-in temperature sensor to make temperature compensation, which makes it could detect the gas concentration accurately. It has the digital output and analog voltage output at the same time which facilities the usage and calibration and shorten the development period. It is a combination of mature electrochemical detection principle and sophisticated circuit design, to meet customers' different detection needs.
MH-741A is a universal type intelligent sensor to detect CH4 gas,taking advantage of non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) principle. With high selectivity, no oxygen dependence, high performance and long lifespan features, MH-741A also has built-in temperature compensation feature. MH-741A is a compact and high-performance sensor based on infrared absorption of gas detection technology, micro-machining and sophisticated circuit design.
MC107B adopts catalytic combustion principle, and its two arms of electric bridge consists of a test element and a compensate element. The resistance of the test element rises once it meets the combustible gases, in the same time, the output voltage of the bridge changes and the voltage variation rises in direct proportion to the gas concentration. The compensate element, as a conference, has the function of compensating temperature and humidity.
How to choose the right sensor for your project?
We have 17 sensor series, 200+ categories, and 300+ detection objects for gas detection. Such as CO, CO2, VOC, PM2.5, CH4, LPG and so on. In particular, we also have MEMS sensors. According to your industry application, gas principle, power consumption, accuracy, and range requirements, and we can select a specific model for you. You can also use the product filter below to choose a suitable product, or choose online serivce.
The first six FAQs. Use the search bar above to reveal more!
Is the Dust Sensor Wired when Shipped?
How to Install and Place the Infrared Dust Sensor?
Can the Two Voltages of Mq-7 Exist All the Time, or Do They Need to Be Powered Alternately? if It is an Alternate Power Supply, What is the Appropriate Power Supply Time?